Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cookie Monster

I love to do Cookie Monster balloons but I'm getting really sick of hearing this:
"Did you hear?! They changed Cookie Monster's name to Veggie Monster and he doesn't eat cookies anymore!!!"

No matter what I say, they don't believe me when I tell them that no, really, he's still Cookie Monster. I can direct them to Snopes, I can direct them to Muppet Wiki; sometimes, people just want to be angry.

Instead, I'm going to load up this Colbert Report video on my phone and play it every time I hear the rumblings of Veggie Monster unrest: Stephen Colbert accuses Cookie Monster of abandoning the pro-cookie agenda. It's five of my favorite minutes in all of television (and educational, too!)

Here, the Cookie Monster balloon demonstrates his googly-ness:




*I wish I could take credit for this awesome eye design but I can't. I learned it years ago when I first started and it's still one of my very favorite tricks. Everything's better with googly eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment