Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rowlf


I love this clip of Rowlf singing "I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along" in The Muppet Movie. Rowlf, Kermit, a sad song and a little bit of Steve Martin at the end? Perfection. Not to mention the fact that this song is Jim Henson pretty much singing a duet with himself.

Research (okay, googling) shows that some believe Rowlf is based on singer Tom Waits. I have no idea if the theory's true but I dig it. More research shows that people with a lot of time on their hands make videos of Rowlf playing piano with TW songs dubbed in. Seeing as I spend my time making balloon animal Muppets in my glass house, I won't throw any stones.

As a balloon, Rowlf was one of my favorite kind of challenges. He totally stumped me for a week and then suddenly, it all made sense. Bonus: I now know that I love balloon candelabras. How cute is that thing? I'm going to shoehorn them into as many other designs as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment